Thursday, October 03, 2013

Yay Amazon!

A few years ago I was doing a pub quiz with friends at a local Irish pub. One of the questions was related to the song “On the Dark Side” from Eddie and the Cruisers soundtrack. I remember having that soundtrack on cassette back in high school. I didn’t get my first CD player till my birthday during my senior year of high school. None of that is any admission of my age, for all you know I was just really late in getting a CD player. 

I went looking for the soundtrack on iTunes and remembered the Streets of Fire soundtrack that I had gotten at the same time and loved to death. Let’s face it “On the Dark Side” is the only really good song on that album while Streets of Fire is chock full of rocking tunes.  Unfortunately, neither album was digitally available for purchase, so I found and bought physical copies of them on Amazon.  At some other time before or after that I also bought Jonathan Coulton’s “Best. Concert. Ever” album and the album of Neil Gaiman inspired songs, “Where’s Neil When You Need Him” off Amazon, because I’m a big fat geek.  I kept saying that I was going to rip them into iTunes, but I never got around to it. I kept the CDs in the car’s CD changer and listened to them while driving. Well, while driving when  I didn’t feel like listening to an Audiobooks, because as I’ve already established, I’m a big fat geek. Oh, and you know what else? Something happened with the Jonathan Coulton CD recently and it won’t play anymore.

A few days ago I got an email from Amazon.com saying the 4 Albums I purchased from them were added to my Cloud Player library and that those songs were available to play or download from their Cloud Player for FREE. It did note that some of songs from my albums were not eligible for this feature. Those songs were all off “Where’s Neil When You Need Him,” but I already have a full digital copy of that album. 

Last night I download the other three albums from Amazon, it auto imported them into iTunes for me, I copied them to my iPhone and I’m good to go.

Edit: Fixed a typo

3 comments:

Bernier GALAGHER said...

Γεια σου
Στο πεδίο των οικονομικών, επενδύσεις και δάνεια μεταξύ ιδιωτών ειδικεύονται, προσφέρω τις υπηρεσίες μου σε όλους τους ανθρώπους καλό χαρακτήρα και ιδιαίτερα να είναι σε θέση να ανταποκριθεί στις υποχρεώσεις της. Ανάβαση στους ακόλουθους τομείς: προσωπικό, ενοποίηση, αναδιοργάνωση, εμπορική, φοιτητής, αυτοκίνητα, διάφορα/άλλα, επαγγελματίες, γεωργία, υπολογιστή, εταιρεία υπηρεσιών πνευματικής ιδιοκτησίας, βιομήχανοι, καλλιτέχνες, μόδα, ιατρική, media, υποθήκη, ακίνητων περιουσιών. Για οποιαδήποτε περαιτέρω πληροφορία, παρακαλώ επικοινωνήστε μαζί μου.
E-mail: berniergalagher@gmail.com
Ευχαριστούμε

yugaganteng said...

asikqq
asikqq
asikqq
asikqq
asikqq
asikqq
asikqq
asikqq
asikqq
asikqq

Brendan Rohit Sid said...

Fck